Two AURUS platinum consoles at the Grillo Theater
The AURUS platinum is the successor to the large format mixing console AURUS, which the Berlin high-tech manufacturer Stage Tec introduced at the end of 2014 – two of the new consoles were delivered to the Grillo Theater in Essen late July 2015. They will go into operation during this season break to open the new season.
"The Grillo Theater is one of our long-standing customers. They have been extremely pleased with their old CANTUS, a first generation Stage Tec mixing console, so choosing the AURUS platinum was easy," René Harder explains the sale.
The new console with a fresh design and revolutionary technology combines proven AURUS functions with modern features, a brand-new control concept and a plethora of formats. All of this makes AURUS platinum a powerful tool in any broadcast, theater or studio application.
About the Grillo Theater
The Grillo Theater in Essen is one of the oldest theaters in the Ruhr, Germany. It takes its name from a generous benefactor, Friedrich Grillo, the son of an Essen mercantile family who was born in 1825. Grillo was one of the Ruhr's most influential entrepreneurs and company founders of the 19th century. He substantially shaped the region's economic and structural development with his many activities. He sat on
the supervisory board of the Bochumer Verein, a coal and steel corporation based in Bochum with several steel mills and mines, held membership in the mining board of Bergbaugesellschaft Neu-Essen, and founded the engineering company Schalker Eisenhütte as well as the mining company Gelsenkirchener Bergwerks-AG. Friedrich Grillo was also passionate about the arts: In October 1887, he informed the town council of Essen of his intent to donate half a million Marks, or more if necessary, to fund the construction of a theater in his hometown, and that he would pay for its upkeep for as long as he lived. Before an official deed of gift was signed, however, Friedrich Grillo passed away in Dusseldorf on 16 April 1888. His widow, Wilhelmine Grillo née Born, daughter of bank founder Theodor von Born, made good on her husband's promise. She donated the property for construction in I. Hagen Street, and paid more than two thirds of the total cost of 939,997 Marks.